I left school at 16, with no network and no idea what I would do. I just knew I couldn’t keep going through the motions anymore. I had to forge my own path. So I left school, and started living the life I wanted to, on my terms.
It was extremely scary, but I did it anyway. And I’m pretty happy with the results.
Some of the things I’ve done that I’ve most proud of include:
- Completing a virtual internship with Seth Godin
- Being one of the first 100 graduates of Seth Godin’s altMBA program
- Traveling to 10 countries in two years
- Playing in professional poker tournaments against some of my favorite celebrity players
- Co-organizing the Social Media Breakfast | Singapore
- Participating in the StartupBus 2011
- Contributing to the Age of Conversation 2
- Starting Thousand True Fans, a marketing agency where we worked with brands like QuickBooks Asia and ONI Global
- Creating and hosting a podcast to showcase the stories of people who have made a career switch to do what they love
- Working in the kitchens of award winning fine dining restaurants in 3 different continents
I’m still exploring what the future could hold – and am extremely excited for it.